TIMELESS FRIENDS


Everytime i'm switching channels I end up at Comedy Central watching "Friends".  An episode which I've already seen several times. How is it possible that series from 1994 are popular and adored till this day?

I've noticed that their romances, relationships and routine struggles are very similar to those which we have to deal daily. Even if they didn't have smartphones,VR devices or Whatsapp, theres not much of a difference.

Their jokes and adventures nicely translate into new generations and still funny. The duration of each episode is around 20 minutes, what does encourage even those who live on the run.

Another argument that "Friends" was ahead of their time are subplots about gender identity and homosexuality. That was something truly progressive.

The characters seem like real humans, not just made up personages seen only on the TV.

If you haven't caught up on all of the episodes or you haven't watched them in the right order, the smartest choice is Netflix. You won't regret it !

Comments

  1. That's true, "Friends" can also cheer me up and when I switch the channels and see boring tv series on for example: Polsat, I always end up watching this series too or some of my favourite american productions like "House" or "Bones". But especially "Friends" have an atmosphere that makes you want to watch them all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't resist and often end up watching "Friends" on TV when I'm home, because you don't have to watch it episode by episode to have a great time and chill out. I've heard that a cafe in Poznań "Kóltura" (spelled like this on purpose) is organising a marathon of the first season of "Friends". You can take your pyjama and a warm blanket with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard from many people that they actually learned English from Friends, and I can imagine this can be true. A lot of the language in the show is very natural, colloquial and useful. And it's fun, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts